Take time to get outdoors and enjoy a round of golf. Great exercise, fresh air and the sound of your driver striking the ball. The best part of summer is still ahead!
Brush up on your golf trivia with this list full of facts about the game.
- Two-times is not the charm on the green. The chances of making two holes-in-one in a single round of golf are one in 67 million!
- The first ever golf balls were made of thin leather, stuffed with goose feathers. ‘Feather balls’ were used up until 1848, when they were replaced with the ‘Guttie’ ball, named for the rubber-like sap of the Gutta tree, found in the tropics.
- The term ‘birdie’ comes from the late 19th century, when an American gentleman named Ab Smith came up with the phrase, ‘bird of a shot,’ while playing, which eventually turned into the term we use today.
- Feeling inadequate about your high handicap? The truth is that 80% of all golfers never achieve a handicap of less than 18.
- The longest golf hole in the world is the 7th hole of the Sano Course at the Satsuki Golf Club in Japan, measuring a whopping 909 yards.
Check out the rest at https://www.americangolf.com/blog/golf-tips/10-weird-facts-about-golf/
Improve your performance on the course with this 4-week training plan.
Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy have proved that ripped abs and a killer golf game go hand-in-hand. Now, everyone from PGA pros to weekend hackers knows that in order to lower your handicap, you need to get in shape.